Friday, February 10, 2012

DESIRE or NEEDS?

Assalamualaikum..Greeting poeple..



‘Hijab’, what cross your mind about this simple word? Hijab is refers to the headscarf that worn by Muslim women which also include a veil that covers the face except for the eyes. Even though it never state that women need to wear hijab, however it is the "tradition of Mohammed," to teach and reveal the teaching of Prophet to his believers. In Islam, our Prophet told the women to wear headscarf to cover their aurat from men. According to Hadith Sahih Bukhari "My Lord agreed with me ('Umar) in three things... (2) And as regards the veiling of women, I said 'O Allah's Apostle!  I wish you ordered your wives to cover themselves from the men because good and bad ones talk to them.' So the verse of the veiling of the women was revealled" (Bukhari, v1, bk 8, sunnah 395).

We can see the differences between women these days and in the previous century. These days, we still can see women wearing hijab; however the number is still little compared to those who do not wear hijab. Those who do not wear hijab think it is troublesome and uncomfortable whereas it is to prevent bad things from happening. Today, we can see many different kind of hijab design in the market in which to attract women. Yes, it is not wrong to look beautiful, and even women who are wearing hijab still can be fashionable but there still some women who actually taking this disadvantage wearing hijab because of the trend and fashion.


It is good to see people change from bad to good; nevertheless they wear it because of other things, fashion and trend. That is totally wrong, people! We cannot wear it because someone else told us to do so, or fashion and trend. But let me clarify here, I’m not saying that it is a sin to wear hijab because of the trend as the most important things is ‘our intention’ in doing that thing. I know sometimes people who do not wear hijab willingly to buy the expensive one only for the name and of course because of the trend. It is so clearly that they just want to be part of the society fashion wearing hijab.

We need to remember something, in Islam anything that we want to do should begin with the ‘good intention’. Without a good intention, everything that you had done is useless. I honestly think it is not a good example especially towards the kids. Yes, indeed they changed for something better, however this ‘intention’ is far more important and set it in your mind. You need to remind yourself about your first intention on why you wanted to wear hijab in the first place. REMEMBER, wear hijab because of ALLAH. That’s it. Full stop. I’m not saying this because I’m wearing hijab but I’m actually comfortable in this way and I do not care what others might say about me. Other people just easily assume that the ones that wear hijab always have bad things to cover up rather than honestly wear it. It’s totally wrong as for me I’m wearing hijab not because I want to cover something bad behind it but because of ALLAH and I’m sincerely in doing so. I kind like this girl where she eventually express her opinion on wearing hijab..That's all from me. Thank you for spend your time reading my blog..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...